Saturday, October 23, 2010

butter | cranberry white chocolate oat scone


OK, maybe I went to two bakeries this morning. I couldn't help but stop at butter on my way back from Patisserie 46. It's just up the street.

The girl who helped me wasn't tremendously helpful with suggestions. She actually said, "I try to be good," when I asked her what her favorite thing is. The idea of working at a bakery or cafe or bakery-cafe and not trying the food is so strange to me. Anyway, I chose a cranberry white chocolate oat scone.

It's OK. I keep eating it, even though I don't love it. The cranberries are craisins, the white chocolate is sparse, and the oats don't seem to contribute much (maybe chewiness, but I haven't had one of their scones without oats, so I can't say). It's got some kind of sugary egg wash that makes it too sweet. Overall, meh. I'm not going to finish it.

I'll probably try something else from butter, though. The cinnamon biscuits in the case this morning looked good.

No comments:

Post a Comment